- Life long Kansan
- Raised in Pittsburg and attended Pittsburg Public Schools
- Attended Pittsburg State University and the University of Kansas
- Married to Henry for 21 years
- 3 children. Aria, Connor and Dante
- First elected State Representative, District 3, 2004
- Currently in 3rd term
- Community activist and volunteer
- 14 year board member of Elm Acres Youth and Family Services, including past terms as President and Vice-president
- 14 year member of the PTO, including my 11th year as president or co-president
- Raised funds for the Pittsburg Parks and Recreation Skate Park Project
- YMCA Youth Sports Coach
- Volunteer for many other local charitable events
- Member of the Business Education Alliance committee for the Pittsburg Area Chamber of Commerce and USD 250
- Member of the board of directors for the ATC (Alliance for Technology Commercialization), a not-for-profit corporation that brings together the resources of the KTEC (Kansas Technology Enterprise Corporation), the City of Pittsburg, and Pittsburg State University to strengthen the economic base of Kansas, particularly in Southeast Kansas
- House Taxation, Ranking Minority Member
- House Transportation
- House Elections
- Joint Committee on Kansas Security
- Special Committee on the New CTP
- Kansas Advisory Council on Intergovernmental Relations (KACIR)
- Streamline Sales Tax Project
I feel like I have been elected, and re-elected twice, to serve the people of the 3rd district to the best of my abilities.
Sounds great, huh? But what does it really mean?
- It means that I will attend committees, events, meetings and session on a regular basis.
- It means that I will do my best to be accessible to and communicate with my constituents.
- It means I will keep an open mind, listen and learn, and then, I will make the best decision I can-based on facts, data, opinions and constituent concerns.
- It means I will continue to push for transportation, economic development, social services and education dollars for SEK.
- It means I will be a pragmatic, yet hopeful, voice on your behalf…a voice of reason.